Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Project

This summer I've decided to write this book blog to: a. keep myself occupied and b. let people know what books are good (from the point of view of a young adult) and deserve attention. I recently got back from the American Library Association annual conference in Washington, D.C., where I spent most of my time browsing and buying books. I came home from the ALA with about eight new books; seven are young adult novels by authors like Ann Rinaldi (The Family Greene, A Break with Charity, The Secret of Sarah Revere), Louis Sachar (The Cardturner, Holes), Avi (Hard Gold, Fighting Ground, Crispin), Karen Cushman (Alchemy and Meggy Swann, The Midwife's Apprentice), and one of this year's Newbery honor authors, Jacqueline Kelly (The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate). I'm very much looking forward to reading and reviewing books by these authors and many others and I hope that someday my opinion will be of use to librararians, teachers, and other young adults like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment